What We're Doing and Have Always Been Doing To Ensure The Health & Safety of Our Patients
Dr. Laura and the team at All Kids Dentistry commit to keeping your family safe and healthy while visiting our office for your care.
Being the experts in infection control, we have always been serious about taking universal precautions with our masks, protective eyewear, hand-washing, surgically clean air purification devices and sterilization of instruments according to OSHA standards.
In these unprecedented times, we are going to step it up and do even more to ensure safety:
Our Patients & Staff
- We will continue limiting the number of parents/adults to one per family of patients
- Although we are able to see more patients in the bay, we will continue to follow strict protocols in sterilization and cleanliness in setting up and breaking down patient chairs to ensure you and your children’s safety
- We will continue to monitor staff temperatures prior to the start of work, and we are proud to boast an entirely vaccinated front and back team.
For Restorative Procedures
For our restorative procedures, we already have three ways we limit aerosol:
- We use the Isolite, or squishy mouthpiece, to help control saliva and spray from the laser or handpiece. This cuts aerosols from the oral cavity and procedure by about 90%. And that large white “straw” (a.k.a. Mr. Thirsty) the assistant uses to suction, gets the majority of the remainder of the aerosols produced during the procedure.
- The majority of our restorative procedures are completed using a Solea laser, which not only helps our dentistry remain minimally invasive, but also emits significantly less aerosols to it’s counterpart (the “drill”).
- In addition, we also use a state-of-the-art extra-oral vacuum that sits within inches of the working area to ensure any leftover aerosols are removed during treatment.
Surgically Clean Air
Our dental office is outfitted with Surgically Clean Air devices in each of the operatories, the hygiene bay and the waiting area. Each air purification system is equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters, as well as Activated Carbon filters with UV and Titanium Dioxide sterilization ability. The combination of all of this enables the devices to effectively capture 99.9% of the particulates and aerosols free-floating in the environment. This capturing includes most microbial organisms such as bacteria, fungi and viruses (including the SARS-CoV-2 virus). This technology functions similarly to those small filters in N95 respirator masks, effectively cleaning and purifying the air in the office multiple times per hour. For more information please visit www.scadental.com.