Baby Nerve Treatments in Valencia
There are many complications that cause damage to the nerve of your baby's tooth. The most common include:
- A crack or damage to a filling. This usually causes pain and sensitivity to cold and heat.
- Bruxism, or grinding and clenching of teeth
- Tooth fracture, decay, and other forms of physical irritation, which can be caused by poor oral hygiene
- Complications from other medical procedures such as tooth extractions
- Trauma following an injury to your mouth. These types of injuries are usually sustained during sports activities, indoor and outdoor accidents, and acts of violence.
How is baby nerve damage treated?
Depending on the circumstances of the damage, your budget, and your goals and expectations, there are several dental procedures that can be used to ease the pain and restore the functioning of your child's tooth. The most common treatment, however, remains root canal treatment.
In root canal, the damaged pulp is removed through a hole created at the top of the tooth. The tooth is then cleaned using an antibiotic then rinsed clean before being filled and sealed. Sometimes the tooth is covered with a crown for greater support and aesthetic enhancement.
Root canal is a permanent solution to a damaged nerve in children and adults alike.
One important thing to remember is to never ignore a damaged pulp just because the tooth stopped aching or you are comfortable with the pain. You can easily pick an infection and find yourself battling an even bigger medical issue. You could lose your teeth altogether or have the problem spreading to nearby teeth and gum tissue.
If your child complains about pain or severe sensitivity to heat or cold in one of their teeth, consider taking them to a dentist for treatment. Pay All Kids Dentistry a walk-in visit for emergency treatment or call us today and schedule your appointment.