Esthetic Crowns (front and back teeth) & Stainless Steel (back teeth)
Dental crowns are expected to be long-lasting artificial teeth solutions. But like our natural teeth, which are naturally expected to last a lifetime, we can’t really guarantee how long these artificial crowns will last.
Based on what we currently know, dental crowns can last between five and fifteen years. Considering what they offer, this is a pretty decent lifespan. The durability of dental crowns is normally attributed to the material it is made of, but a few other factors count too.
Factors That Determine the Durability of Dental Crown
The major factors that determine how long dental crowns can last are:
- The material the dental crowns are made of
- The position of the tooth the dental crown is encasing
- The quality of care and oral hygiene habits.
The material the dental crown is made of is probably the most important factor. Gold crowns and porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns tend to be the most durable. All-ceramic and all-porcelain crowns are also decent, especially when they are properly cared for.
The position of the crown is another major factor when it comes to durability. Those positioned at the back of the mouth are more likely to fail earlier since they are used more for biting and chewing. Wearers are expected to be cautious in order to prolong the lifespan of their dental crown.
The third important factor is the quality of care and the individual’s oral hygiene habits. Someone who has been diagnosed with bruxism, for instance, is expected to seek proper treatment in order to protect the crowns from wear and tear.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
A dental crown is among the available options to repair damaged teeth. Some of the benefits include:
- Dental crown is a simple procedure. The treatment is minimally invasive and relatively straightforward.
- Dental crowns help relieve pain from teeth issues.
- Dental crowns can be custom-made for each patient. Our dentists can design a dental crown to match the size, shape, and color of your existing tooth.
- Dental crowns can help restore your teeth’s appearance.
- Dental crowns can last for many years.
However, ensure that you take good care of your dental crowns and act cautiously to prolong its lifespan and derive the aforementioned benefits.
Contact Us Today!
Contact us today at All Kids Dentistry to schedule an appointment for your dental crowns in Valencia. Dr. Laura Greenwald will be available to speak with you and discuss your dental options.