Solea Laser Dentist in Santa Clarita, CA
Different types of lasers are used to successfully treat a variety of common dental and cosmetic concerns, such as gum disease, teeth whitening, and decay, in a gentle, minimally invasive way.
At All Kids Dentistry, we provide our young patients with pain free, laser dental treatments to kill bacteria and provide quick relief. We use laser dentistry as an alternative to the traditional methods that use hand-held scalpels, drills, and other invasive tools that can be scary to children seeking dental treatment. The lasers work by directing a beam of energy at the the problem area to deliver treatment.
This offers multiple benefits, including:
- Reduced anxiety when receiving dental treatment - no drill noise or vibration
- Needle-free treatment - eliminates the need for anesthesia in some procedures
- Reduced risk of infection - laser treatment sterilizes the treatment area
- Maximum preservation of original, healthy tool structure
- Higher success rate of complex treatments such as root canal
- Faster treatment and healing time
Applications of lasers in dentistry
We use different types of lasers depending on whether the treatment area is a soft tissue or hard tissue.
Soft Tissue Laser Treatment
Lasers can be used to safely treat gum tissues for:
- Gum disease control by destroying bacteria hiding in the gum pockets and preventing infections, while eliminating or reducing the number of stitches needed
- Gum contouring - where the lasers help to reshape the gums and deliver a more attractive configuration
- Other soft tissue procedures, such as lesion removal, biopsies, or frenectomies
Hard Tissue Laser Treatment
We use hard tissue lasers to repair damaged teeth and prepare them for restoration without the use of drills and other instruments that remove large chunks of tooth, causing pain, heat, and cracks that cause further damage. Hard tissue lasers can be used to:
- Remove decayed tissue, sterilize the tooth, and prepare it for restoration with root canal or bonding
- Deliver in-office teeth whitening with Zoom!
Minimally invasive dental treatment in Valencia, CA
We use modern dentistry approaches, including dental lasers to ensure that children have a pleasant, pain free experience in the dentist’s office. Visit our office today for personalized dental care for your child.