Healthy teeth can be corrected at any age but it is especially beneficial during the elementary years. A number of misalignment or bite issues can be addressed easily for children through orthodontic treatment in Valencia CA.
Some reasons to consult an orthodontist include:
- Noticeably crooked teeth
- Gaps between your teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Protruding teeth
- A deep bite
- An open bite
- Difficulty chewing food
- Speech difficulty
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Biting the cheek or into the roof of your mouth
- Sucking the thumb
- Mouth breathing
- Inability to comfortably close your lips
- Clenching or grinding teeth
You’re never too young to benefit from orthodontic treatment. If your child is hesitant to smile, laugh, or even talk in public, because you’re conscious of their smile, then they may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment. Generally, from the age of 7 years, children can seek orthodontic treatment to:
- Improve the appearance of their smile – Orthodontic treatment is designed to address your child’s unique orthodontic problems, such as gapped, crooked, or overcrowded teeth and misaligned bite that make them self-conscious. It can give them the pride and confidence that comes with straight teeth and a perfect smile
- Improve their dental health – Leaving crooked, overcrowded, and misaligned teeth untreated can lead to many other dental issues, including gum disease, tooth decay, and abnormal tooth wear, and difficulty chewing. Fixing orthodontic issues can help your child take better care of your teeth and mouth.
Schedule a Consultation
Orthodontic treatment can be successful at an early age. Most treatments start during the teenage years when permanent teeth grow into place. But it can start as early as the age of 7-8 years when children first visit an orthodontist. To determine if your child is a good fit for orthodontic treatment, you should consult with your pediatric dentist in Valencia CA. After carefully analyzing the nature of their needed correction, the dentist will design the best treatment plan for improving your smile.